POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Render time counter : Re: Render time counter Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render time counter
From: Bob H
Date: 20 Oct 2001 19:37:25
Message: <3bd20ab5@news.povray.org>
"Batronyx" <bat### [at] alliancecablenet> wrote in message

> "Chris Cason" <newsadmin-despam-@povray-no-spam.org> wrote in message
> >[snip]
> > You could record a macro and assign it to a key. At least then it's only
one
> > keystroke per line. And don't forget that you can set a 'repeat count'
for
> > the next key you press (Ctrl-R or see the Text menu).
> >
> > Maybe I'll have a look at the editor source to see if it's easy to
change.

> BTW how do you undefine/delete/edit a macro? I wondered this with 3.1 but
never
> thought to ask

After a Ctrl Shift R shows the Stop button you press it after doing what you
want as a macro and choose the slot for it.  Not elegant enough an answer?
:-)  Sorry, being slightly sarcastic and didn't seem to go right.  Well I
guess once they are present you must overwrite from the start again.
Either that or edit the Windows registry to do it, but of course never edit
the things with any ease from Regedit anyway.  That does sound like a nice
feature idea to me but a Codemax one at that.

BTW: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\POV-Ray\v3.5\POV-Edit\Macro

It *could* be done  ;-)

Bob H.