POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Birdbath : Birdbath Server Time
17 Aug 2024 08:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Birdbath
From: 25ct
Date: 20 Oct 2001 14:03:47
Message: <3bd1bc83@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,

                haven't been around for a while, I've been glued to this
scene and I guess it's my first serious try, (learnt a lot from doing this
one).

  Firstly, it's a 3.1 scene, but when I rendered it in 3.5 b6 it turned out
a lot darker than the 3.1 render, any idea's why?

      Secondly, having said that, this is the 3.1 image.

     A few questions if I may.

 1)  How can I get a nice glow around the street lamp emanating downwards?

2)  I'd also like to get the headlights on the cars coming down the valley
to 'beam'.
      Any idea's?

3)  How do I get 'radial' to work? I tried it on the barrell but couldn't
get it to work.
     What am I missing here? Also, what can I use to put the 'bands' on the
barrell?
     I believe that there are two (from memory)?

    Anyway, hope you like it and comments are always welcome.

    ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Birdbath.jpg' (178 KB)