POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Note Warp: Supercone bug : Re: Note Warp: Supercone bug Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Note Warp: Supercone bug
From: Rune
Date: 20 Oct 2001 06:26:29
Message: <3bd15155@news.povray.org>
Thanks Warp, I'll use this one.

The reason that the Reorient macro can't reorient when Axis1 is the opposite
of Axis2 is that it doesn't have enough information to align it. To mirror
the shape is not a acceptable solution because then it's not the same shape
anymore (except in some cases). The right solution would be to rotate the
object 180 degrees, but the macro can't know around which axis, and I don't
like to take a random approach to the problem.

The way you've solved it is right, because the mirroring is not a problem in
this case.

You're right about the way POV-Ray handles errors; I too have always found
it very strange. It doesn't even print the string after the error, so you
can't use a predefined string as you should be able to. I guess this is a
bug, I've just not thought about reporting it before.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)