POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A different approach to blurred reflection (PNG, 80kbu) : Re: The answer (Was: A different approach to blurred reflection (PNG, 80kbu)) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 14:15:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The answer (Was: A different approach to blurred reflection (PNG, 80kbu))
From: Slime
Date: 19 Oct 2001 16:31:00
Message: <3bd08d84$1@news.povray.org>
Interesting idea. The major flaw being, it seems, that the reflection isn't
coming from the point where the ray from the camera intersected the sphere;
rather, it's always coming from the center of the sphere. Which is a good
enough approximation, I assume, if the reflected objects are far enough away
from the sphere that the diference isn't noticeable.

But does focal blur blur objects the same amount at the same distance that
regular reflection blur would do?

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]