POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : variable reflection : variable reflection Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  variable reflection
From: Trevor Quayle
Date: 19 Oct 2001 12:44:02
Message: <3bd05852$1@news.povray.org>
Windows Beta6

I don't know if this is an internal setting in POVRay or a limitation of
number accuracy.
When using variable reflection, there seems to be a minimum reflection value
at which th reflection disappears completely.  Perhaps this is done on
purpose as with most reflections there wouldn't be a noticeable difference,
but when reflecting objects with high ambient or bright pigments (>1) it can
really be noticed. I will post an image to demonstrate what I mean.

see p.b-t.b

-tgq