POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Field rendering? : Re: Field rendering? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Field rendering?
From: Bob H
Date: 19 Oct 2001 09:29:37
Message: <3bd02ac1@news.povray.org>
news:3bcfce5c$1@news.povray.org...
> In article <3bcfa602@news.povray.org> , "Vampyrium"
<cyb### [at] hotmailcom>
> wrote:
>
> > You cannot have a smooth animation with two identical fields.
>
> Identical fields?  I think we are talking about something different
because
> POV-Ray does not output identical fields as far as I know...

Could it be that in video the fields are acting as independant frames, i.e.
motion between the odd and even?  I've heard things about this over the
years but I have no idea if anyone ever brought that up before.  I never
learned much on the subject nor did any actual video use of it.  Animating
in mpeg it turns out pretty bad as I recall.  I had thought the two images
were merged into a single frame somehow when using the appropriate hardware.

Bob H.