POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A different approach to blurred reflection (PNG, 80kbu) : A different approach to blurred reflection (PNG, 80kbu) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 08:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  A different approach to blurred reflection (PNG, 80kbu)
From: Warp
Date: 19 Oct 2001 03:59:56
Message: <3bcfdd7a@news.povray.org>
I tried a different approach to blurred reflection. Didn't work extremely
well (which isn't a surprise knowing the algorithm...). Sorry for the PNG,
but I didn't want JPG artifacts to destroy anything, and it isn't that big.

  Now you can start guessing how I did it. As you can see, I did not use
antialiasing (I deliberately rendered the image without antialiasing to show
that I did not use the antialiasing trick). And yes, I rendered it completely
with POV-Ray 3.5beta in one run (ie, I did not use any external programs, just
POV-Ray and one single .pov file).
  You can also watch for what is wrong in the reflection... Something that
just cannot be corrected with this technique :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'brtest.png' (83 KB)

Preview of image 'brtest.png'