POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Apologies (Ignore SlimeLS postings) : Re: Apologies (Ignore SlimeLS postings) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:31:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apologies (Ignore SlimeLS postings)
From: Bob H
Date: 18 Oct 2001 23:16:01
Message: <3bcf9af1@news.povray.org>
"Mahalis" <don### [at] fakeycom> wrote in message
> Speaking of which, whenever I try to cancel a message I still see it in
OE.
> For example, I canceled that "Eye macro" post in p.b.s-f and it looks like
> it's still there. What's wrong with this picture?

I know, and I still see that one from here too.  I never figured out for
certain if something was really wrong with the Cancel in OE or whether it
remains only if previously DL'd.  I know I cancelled a few long ago that
actually had red X's show up over the message post icon to the right of the
subject line.  Never has happened since.  That's why I keep thinking some
setting or other thing is not right with it.  Although people seem confident
a message will be cancelled if not read first.

Speaking of this it might be a good idea to locate a test area and do some
wholesale posting then cancelling in an effort to try and determine what
happens.  Unfortunately I do not know of a place.  Anyone else?

Bob H.