POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Virus_contest_2 : Re: Virus_contest_2 Server Time
17 Aug 2024 08:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virus_contest_2
From: Harold Baize
Date: 18 Oct 2001 13:40:37
Message: <3bcf1415@news.povray.org>
I like this one better than the first. My only
problem with it (besides the file name ;-)
is that the binary digit background
looks like chocholate. Maybe a more
metalic and grayer texture would work
better.

Harold

"F.Audet" <flo### [at] sympaticoca> wrote in message
news:3BC### [at] sympaticoca...

Here is the second draft of the picture I want to
submit at BlackGas community contest,  on the thema
"VIRUS"...  Hope to get some comments from
here,  to help me developp this idea a bit more.
Everything inside this image is done with Pov.
.... oups! I prepared some grayscale maps
with Photoshop,  and used it as map elevation
into Pov.  In fact,  the zeros and the ones,  on
the z plane,  are csg elements,  and the big logo
is done with a macro.  All the other elements are
Pov height_field objects...
I should say that I got some trouble with the
different finish statements used here.
Some suggestion ?!
   ( Alex Pilot,    Canada )