POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Field rendering? : Re: Field rendering? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:13:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Field rendering?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 18 Oct 2001 08:10:34
Message: <3bcec6ba@news.povray.org>
In article <3bcdd1c3@news.povray.org> , "Vampyrium" <cyb### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>   Field rendering should render alternate scanlines (odd and even fields) on
> the SAME frame at DIFFERENT timepoints (at frame in-point and frame
> mid-point) any other solution is not a solution as you need other software
> to compile the animation by using two half res images to make a whole or
> double frame rate and half of each frame is used.

Of course you need other software to do it, that is the whole point!  I am
not aware of any external software that can handle an image file the way you
expect POV-Ray to output it.  On the other hand, I know plenty of software
that imports the output POV-Ray currently generates.

The field rendering in POV-Ray is working exactly the way it should and I
have successfully output POV animations to video with field rendering.

    Thorsten