POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Render time counter : Re: Render time counter Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:13:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render time counter
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 18 Oct 2001 01:53:52
Message: <3bce6e70@news.povray.org>
"Chris Cason" <newsadmin-despam-@povray-no-spam.org> wrote in message
news:3bcda39e@news.povray.org...

> I don't see this at all (Athlon 1.4ghz) but it is possible under some
circumstances.
> In any case the render time calculation method is about to be changed, so
this will
> go away.

Ok, not serious anyway, just a little strange

> It just doesn't. I guess the author of the CodeMax control thought (and I
don't
> disagree) that if you want a 1-character tab, you ought to be using a
space
> (since a tab of one character isn't a tab at all, at least in terms of its
> original meaning back in the typewriter days).

Having never used a typewriter, I have no idea of the original meaning
<grin>
The reason I asked is that I always indent 1 character. If the tab could be
set
to 1 then I could select all the lines and pres tab instead of <Space><Home>
<Down Arrow>  for each line.

Thanks for the answer. If it can't be fixed, it can't be fixed.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.          Babylon 5 *
* Just think of me as the storm before the calm     Magic: The Gathering*