POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : modified v3.5 logo [~18K Jpg] : Re: modified v3.5 logo [~18K Jpg] Server Time
17 Aug 2024 08:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: modified v3.5 logo [~18K Jpg]
From: Bob H
Date: 17 Oct 2001 17:35:34
Message: <3bcdf9a6@news.povray.org>
"JRG" <jrg### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Sometimes you want to use both sharp and smooth highlights, but just for
> artistic needs.
> I always use specular too, even if you can get serious problems at
glancing
> angles with it...

Yep, specular is my first choice then if I want two different amounts/sizes
of highlights I'll add phong as the broader and less obvious of the two.
Mostly just for effect, since phong has that unique sort of boundary which
can make the texture look as though there's a dual surface skin.  That's how
I see it anyway.

Bob H.