POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Render time counter : Re: Render time counter Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render time counter
From: KalleK
Date: 17 Oct 2001 12:43:12
Message: <3bcdb520@news.povray.org>
> > Also is there any reason the tab size cannot be set to 1
character?

> It just doesn't. I guess the author of the CodeMax control thought
(and I don't
> disagree) that if you want a 1-character tab, you ought to be using
a space
> (since a tab of one character isn't a tab at all, at least in terms
of its
> original meaning back in the typewriter days).

But if you're used to intend with just one space, than decide to add
an union {} - statement you whould have to intend everything in that
union one space. Marking the lines between 'union {' and '}' and
pushing tab would do the trick - if tab equals to one space. If you
mark the lines and push space, the marked block is replaced by a
space - as it should be.

But as it's in a behaviour of the CodeMax control, there's no way
around. Just wanted to show the other side, the one that disagree with
CodeMax control. no harm intended.

Thanks for Povray 3.5 (beta)

cukk