POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Render time counter : Re: Render time counter Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:27:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render time counter
From: Chris Cason
Date: 17 Oct 2001 11:28:30
Message: <3bcda39e@news.povray.org>
"Gail Shaw" <gsh### [at] monotixcoza> wrote in message news:3bcd7c70@news.povray.org...
> The render time counter continues to caount when the render is paused.
> On my athlon 1GHz it counts at a rate of about 1 second added to the
> render time for every 25 seconds real time. On my Pentium 300 it
> adds about 1 second to the render time about every 10 minutes real time.

I don't see this at all (Athlon 1.4ghz) but it is possible under some circumstances.
In any case the render time calculation method is about to be changed, so this will
go away.

> Also is there any reason the tab size cannot be set to 1 character?

It just doesn't. I guess the author of the CodeMax control thought (and I don't
disagree) that if you want a 1-character tab, you ought to be using a space
(since a tab of one character isn't a tab at all, at least in terms of its
original meaning back in the typewriter days).

-- Chris