POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : sampling points on surface : Re: sampling points on surface Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:34:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sampling points on surface
From: Mael
Date: 17 Oct 2001 09:58:05
Message: <3bcd8e6d$1@news.povray.org>
> > hmm yes , but i m pretty sure bad situations will arise, for points near
the
> > edge of a cube for instance
> >

> As i understood the paper, these problems can be avoided by always using
> the same distance for calculating the diffusion term instead of using the
> individual distance of each sample.  It also says this is likely to
> produce some inaccuracy but it seems to work quite well.

i was not clear (sorry for my pathetic english, i wish i could draw a little
example :)
the problem is not for calculating the contribution of a sample but rather
to find the points which will contribute
how do you find points on the surface of the object , assuming the surface
is flat (but knowing this is not true) ?