POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Subsurfscat/Poser take 3 (25kb) : Re: Subsurfscat/Poser take 3 (25kb) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 10:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsurfscat/Poser take 3 (25kb)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 17 Oct 2001 08:10:57
Message: <3bcd7551$1@news.povray.org>

3bcd1581@news.povray.org...
> I am no Rhino expert, but wouldnt this mesh problem be solved with a
smooth
> command ?
> That would add more triangles to the mesh but as i see the problem it
would
> help a lot.

It seems a good solution. It's also feasible with the free version of Amapi
but I'd loose the uv mapping information because Amapi 4 doesn't recognise
it. Would the uv info be kept after the smoothing in Rhino (I haven't used
Rhino since 1998) ? If it's the case it's worth trying.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com