POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Subsurfscat/Poser take 3 (25kb) : Re: Subsurfscat/Poser take 3 (25kb) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 10:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsurfscat/Poser take 3 (25kb)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 15 Oct 2001 17:21:56
Message: <3bcb5374@news.povray.org>

3bcb4a50@news.povray.org...
> Getting closer. Have you tried your material with *solid* objects (not
> meshes), just to see if it works the same way.
> BTW it looks promising.

Well basically it's Kari's milk glass so we know it's working all right at
least on simple primitives. I tested a box, a cylinder and a sphere without
problems but a blob gives me weird results. I've no experience in using
media in blobs though.
Later : after some further tests, it seems that increasing the intervals
improves things quite a bit (I suppose that must have been obvious for those
who know how media works...) but I still can't get rid of the wireframe
artifacts (see below).

G.
--

http://www.oyonale.com