POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Coding smooth shapes in Pov : Re: Coding smooth shapes in Pov Server Time
17 Aug 2024 10:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coding smooth shapes in Pov
From: Trevor Quayle
Date: 15 Oct 2001 13:24:39
Message: <3bcb1bd7$1@news.povray.org>
Very interesting idea here.  You may want to look at mesh2 which can allow
you to compact the object better and also allow for smoothing and even uv
mapping.  It can get very hair-pullingly frustrating developing the logic
for this kind of code though.  The mesh2 mobius macro I posted a while back
makes use of mesh2 and smoothing normals, but as I say, it gets frustrating
keeping track of what you are doing and finding the problems with your code.

-tgq