POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Subsurface scattering with Poser, first try [20 KB] : Re: Subsurface scattering with Poser, first try [20 KB] Server Time
17 Aug 2024 10:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsurface scattering with Poser, first try [20 KB]
From: Tony[B]
Date: 14 Oct 2001 22:40:40
Message: <3bca4ca8@news.povray.org>
I was just coming back to suggest this very thing. When making my candle, it
occured to me that temperature varies the transluscency/transparency of the
wax, and that to accurately represent it, I would have to use a density that
would simulate this phenomena (spherical did the trick). So Gilles, what I
was going to say to you is that if you want this thing to work you have to
be realistic. Put some filling in that model, and things should look better.
:)