POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Subsurface scattering with Poser, first try [20 KB] : Subsurface scattering with Poser, first try [20 KB] Server Time
17 Aug 2024 10:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Subsurface scattering with Poser, first try [20 KB]
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 14 Oct 2001 17:49:01
Message: <3bca084d@news.povray.org>
I had to try it, after all the nice stuff done lately.
The pic below use a transparent image map over an interior media derived
from Kiri's Kivisalo glass of milk.
The result is, well, interesting.
The skin's surface is like it should be, sort of exquisite, but the rest is
problematic with the inner parts (eyeballs, tongue, teeth) visible and the
eyes projecting shadows within the body (no_shadow fixes that but causes
other problems). Of course, if the mesh didn't have these useless inner
folds it would look better, so I can blame Poser.
It gives a good idea of what a real implementation of subsurface scattering
would be, though.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com