POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Crash -- Tiles bug : Crash -- Tiles bug Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Crash -- Tiles bug
From: Hershel Robinson
Date: 14 Oct 2001 12:20:11
Message: <3bc9bb3b@news.povray.org>
Windows 2000 SP2, POV-Ray 3.5 Beta 6, Dell Optiplex GX1 PIII 450Mhz, 256 MB
RAM.

The manual for Beta 6 indicates that the tiles texture "it is still
supported for backwards compatibility."

The following file crashes Beta 6 in my Win 2K system.  Actually it also
crashes 3.1 on my system, so I imagine I'm a bit late with this bug report.

I am a real POV newbie, yet I am aware that this is incorrect syntax for the
tiles texture.  It would appear, however, that it is also incorrect syntax
for the response to be a program crash!

Just trying to help,
Hershel Robinson

PS: I apologize if this bug has already been reported.

POV File:
#include "colors.inc"

camera { location<0,0,-49>
                         look_at <0,0,0>}