POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : rad & spheres (46 ko) : Re: rad & spheres (46 ko) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 10:12:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rad & spheres (46 ko)
From: Dennis McDaniel
Date: 13 Oct 2001 14:28:11
Message: <3bc887bb@news.povray.org>
Glad to hear about this plug-in.  I have a few questions:
1) For which version(s) of MAX is this written?
2) Will this be made available to other users?
3) If so, at what cost?

Thanks

"gemelli david" <d.g### [at] xlstudiocom> wrote in message
news:3BC### [at] xlstudiocom...
> Hey, cool! I'd forgotten about this. How's it coming along? Got any
> screenshots? :)

In fact, there iis no screenshot...it's MAX ! nothing special except the
setup dialog for the render parameters (radiosity, photons and
antialiasing settings)

Here is a list (maybe not complete) of what is done:
- geometry export
- normals export (smoothing groups can be used)
- lights ("omni" and "target spot")
- background color
- target camera
- color (diffuse in MAX, color in POV-Ray)
- self-illumination (ambient in POV-Ray)
- blinn, phong and metal shading
- a texture for diffuse (image_map in POV-Ray)
- UV
- an animation can be rendered as well (if you ask MAX to save an AVI
file, you get it !)
- reflection
- diffuse
- opacity
- antialiasing can be activated
- radiosity can be activated
- refraction
- paths are saved in an "ini" file
- render settings are saved in the MAX file
- bump map
- multi-sub materials (more than one texture for an object)
- photon mapping can be activated
- area lights ("free directionnal")

there are still some problems with the multi-sub materials that Paul
found. I'll work on it this week end I hope.

        David