POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" online somewhere? : Re: Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" online somewhere? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:31:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" online somewhere?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 12 Oct 2001 17:45:20
Message: <3bc76470@news.povray.org>
In article <FxjHO3LiiUznSx=cB1yQjal21Fty@4ax.com> , Glen Berry
<7no### [at] ezwvcom>  wrote:

> Chris had no other choice? Microsoft made it that way?
>
> That's nonesense!

Actually, what I don't get is why users constantly have to second guess
POV-team decisions.  From what I read frequently I get the impression most
people think we are idiots who don't know how to solve a particular problem.
Why can't the assumption be that if we make a change we did do so
considering all options, including our time and resources*?

    Thorsten

* And certain tools are very expensive, I remember either Chris Young or
Chris Cason wasted a lot of money and time buying tools that didn't do what
they were supposed to do to solve problems generating a decent documentation
during the 3.1 alpha/beta development.

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde