POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" online somewhere? : Re: Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" online somewhere? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" online somewhere?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 12 Oct 2001 15:55:15
Message: <3bc74aa3@news.povray.org>
In article <E0HHO0EhuTOWNmP4VLZsjPZ6O9dk@4ax.com> , Glen Berry
<7no### [at] ezwvcom>  wrote:

>>  It's funny that you first hear lots of stories about unstability, but when
>>you try yourself, you don't see any.
>
> Well, I DID try it myself, and I suffered from system instability.

I think then you really have problems with your system in general.  Maybe to
much overclocking? ;-)

Seriously, I have yet to see a system that was more unstable using IE 4 than
using IE 3 assuming it was stable in the first place. IE 5/6 are a bit
different, but surely not IE 4.  You can be sure I am the last person in
favor of M$, but IE 4 is a serious improvement over IE 3 on PC in every
possible way.  I have been using a Win 95 system running in a full emulator
(Virtual PC) on Macs for over three years now on average for a few hours a
week, and IE 4 has not introduced any problems or crashes ever since I
installed it.  And my mother's PC (a crazy collection of old parts) ran Win
95 until a year ago, also using IE 4 ever since it was available without a
problem.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg