POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : is *this* a bug : Re: is *this* a bug Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: is *this* a bug
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 12 Oct 2001 02:05:19
Message: <3bc6881f@news.povray.org>
"nospam" <Pet### [at] nymaliasnetalmost> wrote in message

> I installed the beta 6 available on 9-oct and on my Windows ME
> machine (pentium 4, 512 Meg) it runs fine but on the Windows 95
> machine at work (pentium 3, around 300 Meg), it crashes during
> parsing ... every time.  I am perplexed.

What's the error?

> One more fact ...
> I wrote up a small pov script with nothing but
> a camera and a light source and a sphere and that rendered
> on the 95 machine!  So I am now thinking that this *could*
> be related to the "while loop bug" that was already mentioned
> by others on these groups.

I've got a scene that crashed with a stack fault in beta 5 and renders fine
in
beta 6

Could you post one of the scenes that crashes and I'll try it on my 95
machine.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.          Babylon 5 *
* Just think of me as the storm before the calm     Magic: The Gathering*