POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Faking BSSRDF with BRDF... [7.45kbu] : Faking BSSRDF with BRDF... [7.45kbu] Server Time
17 Aug 2024 12:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Faking BSSRDF with BRDF... [7.45kbu]
From: Tony[B]
Date: 11 Oct 2001 14:38:21
Message: <3bc5e71d@news.povray.org>
Brazil's subsurface scattering really has me drooling. I wish POV could do
that. Tell me someone has plans to extend POV to do BSSRDF... please! My
current method using scattering media involves wild guessing and random
strokes of luck at best. This is not something that will work consistently
or predictably. It took me many hours and dozens of tests to get this. Model
of the candle and the wick done in sPatch, rendered using POV 3.5b6, with
radiosity and 1 area_light in 1h 24m 6s. Please let me know what you think.
Enjoy.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'candle02.jpg' (8 KB)