POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : radiosity using diffuse, or pigment for calc.? : radiosity using diffuse, or pigment for calc.? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  radiosity using diffuse, or pigment for calc.?
From: Bob H
Date: 10 Oct 2001 16:44:49
Message: <3bc4b341$1@news.povray.org>
Only an observation... I noticed how pigment color seems to be the dominant
brightness factor for radiosity, and that diffuse might have a upper limit
or clipping involved which prevents very high values of diffuse from
contributing to the illumination.
I had understood that ambient was replaced by diffuse but I didn't think
there was a limitation of its influence, and yet color doesn't have a limit
from what I can tell.
Well, let me rephrase that.  What I'm saying is that if one object has high
diffuse and another doesn't (non-zero though) that you can apply diffuse
1000 to the first object and still get no significant brightness change in
the neighboring object.  However, I think if color is raised to whatever
high value it does change.

Anyone else care to chime in about that?

Bob H.
--
http://webpages.charter.net/omniverse/omniverse.htm