POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Noise in sphere sweeps : Re: Noise in sphere sweeps Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Noise in sphere sweeps
From: Bob H
Date: 10 Oct 2001 15:37:27
Message: <3bc4a377$1@news.povray.org>
news:3bc4563e@news.povray.org...
>   Got this by mail (the sphere sweep does, indeed, seem to have some noise
> problem, but I don't know what causes it):

tolerance 15 or so seems to be the upper limit, it starts to remove parts
above 15.  Its shadow goes away before that.  Anyhow, it's just a tolerance
thing.

A long time ago I made some musical notes which bent around at least this
much and probably moreso.  They varied in color (on purpose) and I think I
had to raise tolerance from its default (1e-6?).

Bob H.