POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurfaces in v3.5 and how to convert them to heightfields? : Re: Isosurfaces in v3.5 and how to convert them to heightfields? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:27:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurfaces in v3.5 and how to convert them to heightfields?
From: Hugo
Date: 10 Oct 2001 06:47:41
Message: <3bc4274d$1@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone

Thanks very much for your inputs. Your ideas with using a pigment gradient
from 0 to 1 is just what I needed and I realize my own approch was very
clumsy.. As for the "heightfield { function { " keyword, I didn't know it
supported isosurfaces.. In the docs, it sounded to me like it was only for
generators like bozo, agate, leopard, etc..

Regarding isosurfaces in v3.5 I still think I could render many things
quicker in Megapov with method 1.. Let me test it..

Be back,
Hugo