POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Three lights. A Bug? : Re: Three lights. A Bug? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:29:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Three lights. A Bug?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 9 Oct 2001 08:12:15
Message: <3bc2e99f$1@news.povray.org>
news:3BC02FE6.AC1F0706@gmx.de...

> It should be mentioned that this is only useful if you don't have *any*
> ambient light sources in the scene (like the sky for example).  Otherwise
> it's better to leave ambient_light and set the ambient finishes to 0.

Dunno if it's recommended, but I tend to do something like (approx syntax):

global{
ambient_light 0.0001
}

Then, I can get my ambient back by just commenting out the global setting, and,
if I want any ambient objects in a radiosity scene, (such as a skysphere), I can
just set their ambient value to 10000