POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Gel simulation : Re: Gel simulation Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gel simulation
From: Redbeard (MDJohnson)
Date: 8 Oct 2001 19:26:36
Message: <3bc2362c@news.povray.org>
"Peter Popov" <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote in message
> Michael,
>
> a few weeks ago I defended my BEng final project on elastic deformable
> body dynamics. I am waiting for the 3.5 stable release to start
> working on patching what I've done into POV. Drop me a line if you
> need some geeky info.

Cool.  Thanks for the offer.  I think the framework I've got now is pretty close
to done.  I just need to add info to keep track of orientation and make sure the
algorithm works with whatever I give it.

I'm personally not a fan of using patched POV for highly specialized stuff (like
gels) because I think macros are more flexible, but it is much faster once it's
done.  Maybe the ClothRay and yours could be combined?  Of course, strings would
have to be added in too.  (simple - 1D cloths :-)  That would be great.  But,
then would POV-Ray be a ray-tracer or a simulation engine?

Again, thanks for the offer.  I might take you up on that.

Michael
--
#macro M(D,J)text{ttf"cyrvetic.ttf"D 1,0translate-J}#end#macro N(E,K)#local A=
M(E,K)light_source{-z*30rgb 1projected_through{A}}#end N("Michael"<1.6,-.2,5>)