POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known Bugs Oct 01 : Re: Known Bugs Oct 01 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known Bugs Oct 01
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 7 Oct 2001 17:01:58
Message: <3bc0c2c6@news.povray.org>
"JRG" <jrg### [at] hotmailcom> wrote...
> But it seems like Nathan Kopp cannot replicate it, which is a problem
since
> it's him who should fix it.

Breakthrough!!!!  I figured out why I couldn't replicate your problem.  I
also figured out why adding an "invisible" object made the problem go away.

I have the following lines in my POVRAY.INI file:
Bounding=on
Bounding_Threshold=1

If I comment out the second line, I am able to replicate the problem.  These
settings determine if POV-Ray uses bounding slabs, which in turn affects the
use of light buffers and use of the vista buffer.

I still don't know the exact cause of the problem, but I'm getting much
closer now!

For now, the workaround is to add those two lines to your povray.ini file.

-Nathan