POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wot? No shadow line artifact? (39kbu) : Wot? No shadow line artifact? (39kbu) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 12:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Wot? No shadow line artifact? (39kbu)
From: Alan Holding
Date: 5 Oct 2001 17:42:03
Message: <3bbe292b@news.povray.org>
This image was the result of me following this tutorial:

http://www.digitalanimators.com/2001/10_oct/tutorials/texturing101.htm

Nothing spectacular (and I finally got my head round how Steve Cox's UV
Mapper works), but that's not the point of this post.

This is just to show that it's easy to get round the 'shadow line
artifact' problem with 3.5 now.  Simply use two copies of your object in the
scene, like this:

object {your_object no_shadow}
object {your_object no_image no_reflection}

You may need to translate the second copy of the object slightly away from
the original (I had to with one of the Coke cans), and I'm not sure what the
penalty in rendering time may be, but it's worth it, yes?

You can get the model of the can from the free section of www.3dcafe.com.

Bye,
Alan.

--