POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Electricity : Re: Electricity Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:26:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electricity
From: Stephen Bell
Date: 5 Oct 2001 01:05:18
Message: <3bbd3f8e$1@news.povray.org>
I'm assuming that you used a cylinder with transparent texture and high
ambient for the electricity.  As someone mentioned already, you should try
to make the sparks go the whole length.  I tried a similar experiment myself
when I was doing my one and only (so far) IRTC entry.  Look here:
http://students.oc.edu/stephen.bell/irtc/movie/machine.avi  if you're
curious. Using spiral patterns with high turbulence did the trick for me
then, but maybe it worked better because it was a sphere and not a cylinder.
A nice media glow around it might look a bit hokey, but it's kind of fun
too.

Stephen