POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : PovRay 3.1+ vs MegaPov : Re: PovRay 3.1+ vs MegaPov Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay 3.1+ vs MegaPov
From: MR
Date: 4 Oct 2001 14:17:01
Message: <3bbca79d$1@news.povray.org>
i'm a newbie too, dave.  i was shy of anything that wasn't
the latest established version of pov-ray...  went thru a period
several years ago downloading and running all sorts of betas,
and some of them were very hard on a system (bad crashes).

but i don't think that pov-ray is that way.  i'm going for either
megapov or v3.5.  the reason?  when you go to the images
and animations groups, it seems like 90% of them are
accomplished using non-3.1 features.  and THEN, when those
guys (are there any women pov-rayers here?) are generous
enough to post the source, you GOTTA have it... GOTTA be
able to run it.

have you seen the torch?  the tornado?  GEEZ!  too bad that
awesome is an overused word.  and thats just to mention a
couple.  the images and animations groups are one place
where it truly is "all good".

good luck, miker