POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : no "extended edit" ?? : Re: no "extended edit" ?? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 10:29:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no "extended edit" ??
From: MR
Date: 3 Oct 2001 08:24:16
Message: <3bbb0370$1@news.povray.org>
hi ryan,

are you the pov-ray docs person?  please note that my comments
are on the POV-RAY tutorial for moray.  its halfway down page 26
of the pov-ray 3.1g user documentation dated may 1999.  its also
2.4.1 Bicubic Patch Object.

i posted here for help...  i was not posting a suspected documentation
error, although i guess its turned into that.  to be honest with you,
there are several discrepancies.  there is no "ufrm scl" in the
transformation box either.

and if this is a total first user intro to moray (as it should be.
otherwise, you need to state in the docs that a person needs to
take the time to run thru all the tutorials.  then you can just dispense
with the whole section and say "go to moray and make patches"),
then the part at the bottom of p.26 about "go make a texture" is
not even close to jump-starting a beginner.

none of this is a big deal.  as most programmers, i'm used to
this sort of incorrect instruction with severe knowledge gaps
in it.  i'm merely going to run thru the moray tutorials first, and
then come back to the pov-ray bicubic patch tutorial with a bit
more knowledge.  the only kicker is that i'm trying to learn pov-
ray, not moray, but its starting to become apparent that a third
party patch or mesh maker is pretty much standard ancillary
software for using pov-ray.

thanks, miker