POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : PovRay 3.1+ vs MegaPov : Re: PovRay 3.1+ vs MegaPov Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay 3.1+ vs MegaPov
From: Bob H
Date: 3 Oct 2001 00:57:38
Message: <3bba9ac2$1@news.povray.org>
news:3BBA4109.698E497B@gmx.de...

> Warp wrote:
> >
> >   The 3.5 beta doesn't have any limitation that would stop a new user
from
> > fully using and learning it. I would recommend using it.
>
> Apart from for example that you can't use png's in heightfields right now.

Well... there is the fact that as the installation files change it will
require a fresh install again and again until finalized out of beta.
I've got a mess of an Insert Menu and \scene\ directory because I keep
installing over the previous ones all the while filenames have been
changing.  I'd have removed POV-Ray entirely (except for my own files)
earlier but I wanted to keep the history of changes for now.

Bob H.