POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 16-bit PGM pigment and height field problems : Re: 16-bit PGM pigment and height field problems Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:26:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 16-bit PGM pigment and height field problems
From: Mike Hough
Date: 2 Oct 2001 23:31:30
Message: <3bba8692@news.povray.org>
Did you mean to delete this message?  I didn't appreciate it and don't
understand how you could have fixed a bug if my report was erroneous.  I
misunderstood what you meant by a 'word' and believe it was an honest
mistake.  The file must have not have made it correctly from the attachment
because the original definitely has the correct header, size, max, and
fields.  I checked this by multiplying the lines by the columns of the pixel
data and adding the other four fields ((1027-3)*16) + 4.

Btw, the offset in the map was an error with the orginal DEM files the USGS
released.  The non-square data is saved as a part of a square to prevent
distortion without scaling.

I'll be sure not to post anymore bugs because it's simply not worth this.