POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : PovRay 3.1+ vs MegaPov : Re: PovRay 3.1+ vs MegaPov Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay 3.1+ vs MegaPov
From: dave
Date: 2 Oct 2001 14:28:12
Message: <3bba073c@news.povray.org>
Steve:
  What I ultimately want to do are some space scenes, which I know I need to get a
lens flare for..

And I want to maek a temple that has the stoneish look of stonhenge, with fog
and the like..

As well, I want grass (found inc's for that) and such.. No animation for this scene,
but I would for others.  I'm having problems make the Stone look..

Is there anything in megapov that does this?

Dave

Steve <ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet> wrote:
> On 2 Oct 2001 13:42:02 -0400, dav### [at] intrepidvoygrcom wrote:
>>Got a quick question for you all..
>>I've had Pov 3.1 for a few months now.  Learning it all by experince..
>>
>>Done some water (not EXTREMLY pleased) and I've done some other stuff
>>using basic shapes.. like the torus and such.
>>
>>My question is, should I invest the time to go to MegaPov and have Pov as a backup
plan?