POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Torii 2 (88 Kb) : Re: WIP Torii 2 (88 Kb) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 14:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Torii 2 (88 Kb)
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 26 Sep 2001 20:56:25
Message: <3bb27939$1@news.povray.org>

news:3BB1F9E2.7736BB9E@ignorancia.org...
> Good! I've used Google image search (very nice!) and got some real
> pics of torii, some of them in "easy to model" situations:
>
>   http://www.diocesan.school.nz/IMAGES/Japanese/Torii.JPG
>   http://www.bunbun.ne.jp/~sword/Torii.jpg

Hi Jaime:
The last link is the image of the Torii I took as reference for the model
(from another perspective). Now I see the little columns are too close to
the big ones in my model. Maybe I'll change it, even though I like the
model as it is. And I want to begin playing with materials. ;-)

>   Also, I found this one, not too dificult to model something similar,
> and it's very nice:
>
>   http://www.rainbowcrystal.com/fountainpix/torii.jpg

Not exactly what I was planning to use, but thanks for the link.

Keep in touch.

Bye