POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Pigment_pattern bug. : Re: Pigment_pattern bug. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pigment_pattern bug.
From: Batronyx
Date: 26 Sep 2001 18:08:59
Message: <3bb251fb@news.povray.org>
"ingo" <ing### [at] homenl> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] povrayorg...
> in news:3bb16cc9$1@news.povray.org Batronyx wrote:
>
> > When using bozo or wood as the pattern type, the results are a
> > severely stepped, rather than smooth, gradient between textures.
>
> Think you're bitten by the fact that some patterns have a default color
> scheme. In case of bozo and wood they have no 'gradients'. Adding a
> color_map to the pigment_pattern fixes your problem:
>
> sphere {
>   0.0, 1
>   pigment {
>     //pigment_pattern {
>       bozo
>       /*colour_map{
>          [0, rgb 0]
>          [1, rgb 1]
>       }*/
>       scale 0.15
>     //}
>   }
>   rotate y*45
> }
>
> Ingo

Indeed it does. A user error after all. :(  I've been using POV since v2.2 and
this is the first I recall learning of this default color scheme for some
patterns. It's located in the docs . . . where? Couldn't find it with a search.

--
Batronyx ^"^
bat### [at] cadronhsacom