POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : JPEG question : Re: JPEG question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG question
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 26 Sep 2001 11:04:19
Message: <3bb1ee73@news.povray.org>

3bb1e7bc$1@news.povray.org...

> Maybe, before a solution is found, we could establish (trough our various
> experiences) a list of software that writes jpeg's suitable for POV-Ray ?

Microsoft Image Composer : OK
Picture Publisher 8 : not OK
Painter Classic : OK
Gimp for Windows : OK if native, but not-OK files can stay that way even
when resaved.

There may be also some big commercial application not working because every
JPEG map I tested from Poser or DAZ3D is refused by Povray.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com