POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : *possible* bug : Re: *possible* bug Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *possible* bug
From: Batronyx
Date: 26 Sep 2001 00:24:44
Message: <3bb1588c$1@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] fwicom...
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 18:49:03 -0400, Slime wrote:
> >If you translate a light source, and that light source has a
> >projected_through object specified, the projected_ through object is *not*
> >translated along with it. Is that the intended behavior?
>
> I think the projected_through object should be translated too.  Anyone
> have any objections?

It depends. Considering a relatively flat object, and the behavior of the light
when the ray bisecting its major axis is perpendicular: does the behavior change
if the ray isn't perpendicular? If so, (and even without testing, I expect it
would) then perhaps it should just be an 'option'.

--
Batronyx ^"^
bat### [at] cadronhsacom