POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Isosurface *disappears* at high resolution (fwd) : Re: Isosurface *disappears* at high resolution (fwd) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:14:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface *disappears* at high resolution (fwd)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 25 Sep 2001 16:28:29
Message: <3bb0e8ed@news.povray.org>
In article <3bb0e726@news.povray.org> , "Marc-Hendrik Bremer"
<Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

> It reports something around 95.7 which is probably not too high with a
> crackle-function in the Iso. But that max_gradient of 5 is too low in this
> case. I don't know why dAWiDi thinks that the object is not complex enough
> to go under 10 PPS.

No, 95 sounds good for crackle.  So in summary the problem reported by
"dAWiDi" <pov### [at] xxs-swpde> is a user error.  The suggested solution is
to use an appropriate max_gradient and to read the documentation.

Thanks for finding the problem Marc-Hendrik!

---

As this is not the first time someone reports this "bug" and turns out to be
nothing more than a too low max_gradient, I think this really needs a FAQ
entry in the documentation.  Warp, do you think you could write and add such
a FAQ entry, please?

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg