POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known bugs? : Re: Known bugs? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known bugs?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 25 Sep 2001 15:59:34
Message: <3bb0e226$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3bb0dafc@news.povray.org> , "Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk>
wrote:

> Without such a list I find it difficult to keep track on all the known bugs,
> which ones have been fixed mean-while, which ones are still there, etc.

Why?  It is very simple to find out:  Each beta version includes a list of
*fixed* bugs in revision.txt.  Obviously every bug not in that list has not
been fixed and does not need to be reported again.  If you are unsure if a
sometimes cryptic bug fix description in that list means that your "pet bug"
has been fixed in a current beta, just refer to the change number, post in
the "beta X" announcement thread and someone will tell you (but don't expect
an immediate reply).

As Ken pointed out in the first message in this group, the users are
supposed to keep up with all bug reports posted in this group.  If something
is reported already and the beta release notes (revision.txt) do not say it
is fixed, do *not* report it again as it just adds to the noise level in
this group.  Of course, if the beta release notes claim it is fixed but it
is not, a new report is appropriate.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde