POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : (Mac) Preview size : Re: (Mac) Preview size Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (Mac) Preview size
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 24 Sep 2001 12:53:43
Message: <3baf6517$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3BAE867C.A00BE79E@telia.com> , Tom Stone <tom### [at] teliacom>
wrote:

> I test rendered "trace2.pov" at the size 128x128. That looked odd,
> because the preview window didn't became square. Instead it still was
> around 160 wide, which meant that it was a gray unused part at the right
> side of the window.
> The resulting QT-movie became 128x128 though, so this seems more like a
> cosmetic problem than a real problem.

This is the correct behavior, and it is identical to the behavior of 3.1.

Of course it would be nice if the image would be centered in such a case,
but it is so low priority that I never got around to actually implement it.

> First I rendered "trace.pov", which worked as expected. And then I
> rendered "trace.pov", but no QT file at all appeared. I tried several
> times, but nothing got saved. However, after restarting Pov-ray,
> everything worked just fine again.

Hmm, was the QT movie still there when you rendered it the second time?  Did
you accidentally use continue-trace?  What did you do with the first movie
you rendered?  Move it? Delete it?  Leave it in place?

> And now I'll start to click at illogical places again ;-)
> Tom "Bad user" Stone

;-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany