POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cheap Grass : Re: Cheap Grass Server Time
17 Aug 2024 20:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cheap Grass
From: Batronyx
Date: 23 Sep 2001 13:58:30
Message: <3bae22c6@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message
> "Batronyx" wrote:
> > 3.5 function pigment?
>
> Well, yes, but that doesn't say so much does it? ;)

No it doesn't. :) Just emphasizing your use of the new
functions over more traditional texture techniques.

> > Couldn't begin to guess the specific formula.
>
> I'll post it in a little while.

Great! I'll check it out. Enjoyed playing with some
of your crackle variants recently. :)

> > It occurs to me that maybe you could replace the
> > darker colors with transparency and use two copies
> > of the ground stacked one above the other for a
> > little extra realism. What do you think?
>
> I've already done that. That's why the horizon is slightly fuzzy. :)

I see that now. Hmmm. . . Perhaps some extra surface displacement on the top
layer to make the fuzzy/jagged effect more pronounced? It looks fresh
mowed on the edges but not in the middle. It might increase the realism
somewhat.

Impressive any way. :)