POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : min/max stop working in functions? : Re: min/max stop working in functions? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:32:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: min/max stop working in functions?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 23 Sep 2001 12:28:15
Message: <3bae0d9f@news.povray.org>
In article <3bade3d7@news.povray.org> , "Elias Pschernig"
<eli### [at] aonat> wrote:

> I downloaded beta3, and my scenes stopped working. I could track it down to
> this: min and max seem to only use the first argument instead of comparing..

Yes, this is a new bug that *only* happens if the there are constants in
some functions line min and max.  So the workaround is to use the calculated
value instead of a function to find it.  I know this won't workaround all
cases, but it should for for a lot of cases.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde