POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A drink : Re: A drink Server Time
17 Aug 2024 14:15:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A drink
From: Ruy
Date: 21 Sep 2001 14:37:04
Message: <3bab88d0$1@news.povray.org>
> Nice. :) I suppose it's Jack Daniels, since you're having ice in it... ;)

Actually, it is a sad Brazilian sport to spoil perfectly good 12-years
scotch whisky by serving it "on the rocks". I myself am not a whisky
aficionado, I just picture it as I see it.

> But where's the shadows? How did you do the lightning? IMO the image looks
> little "flat" because of the lack of shadows. But that's just me.

I have radiosity turned on, and it sort of kills the shadows. The next step
is to shoot some photons at the scene, and for such, I'll probably have to
turn radiosity off. That'll provide some shadows, I expect.

Ruy