POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : bug in texture_map : Re: bug in texture_map Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bug in texture_map
From: Bob H
Date: 21 Sep 2001 13:04:49
Message: <3bab7331@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] fwicom...
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:27:34 -0500, Bob H. wrote:
> >Sorry Ron, I was sure you were the author of the cells pattern and I had
no
> >idea you were not.  Just so everyone knows besides me know who did, that
> >would be John VanSickle.
>
> I'm sure you got that notion because I am responsible for crackle solid
and
> all of the other changes to crackle in 3.5.  I'm not really upset, just
> don't want anyone who is in a position to fix the problem to shy away
because
> they think I'll look at it.

Yep, crackle I was certain of and you had mentioned cells enough for me to
associate you with it.
I checked and found that the last post around here by John was on the 7th of
this month to say he was leaving for a trip and wouldn't even be getting the
Beta of POV 3.5 to take along with him.  Been two weeks now so wonder if
he'll soon see about this? (talking to myself)

> That's not to say I *won't* look at it, just to say that if someone else
> gets to it first I don't want to discourage them from fixing it instead.

Ideally of course every feature's author would be the fix-it person.  Or
better yet, someone with extra know-how because I suppose troubleshooting
often goes beyond the part added into the source.  Goes without saying.  I
can only admire from afar.

Bob H.